I have finished The Iliad by Homer

I began this journey when I received Lattimore's translation in the mail on 28 December 2011 and reached the final words today 13 February 2012. Now that is a rather long time to spend with this epic, and it was. I didn't want to give it short shrift, I wanted it to be apart of my blood. During that time I read the following novels along side: Frank Norris McTeague, Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man (a epic in itself), Woolf's Mrs Dalloway, Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises, Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury, and Toni Morrison The Bluest Eye plus a few poems and short stories and gave two major presentations. And I'm just getting started this semester.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man ~ James Joyce

Classics Club Book List

Pragmatic Overtones in Cormac McCarthy’s The Orchard Keeper